Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
Together we did...
We heard the views of unpaid family carers, their friends and family, and professionals who work with carers, about their experiences of caring and any support they received.
We received 204 responses from carers, their family and friends, and 89 responses from professionals. Overall, the experiences that carers, their family and friends shared with us, tell us that, while carers face many of the same challenges, their personal situation and experiences impact on how they respond to them and what support they would like to help them in their caring role.
Summary report of the surveys are available on Your Say Southend
From reviewing the surveys’ results, we have identified five priorities that we want to achieve in the next 18 months:
- Joint five year all age carers strategy –we will co-produce with carers to make sure we have the most effective approaches and support in place that matters most to carers and improve outcomes for carers in Southend.
- Transitions – carers are prepared for changes in their caring journey, helping them to have confidence and control.
- Recognition and early identification – the role of unpaid cares will be recognised and respected across Southend and carers will identify early in their caring journey so they know they are not alone and what support is available so should they need/want it.
- Knowledge and understanding – we will have an improved understanding of carers strengths, needs and aspirations which will help to deliver a vibrant, responsible market of support that carers want.
- Partnership and integration – Health, care and community service (including the voluntary sector) will work together to offer a person centred support, tailored to the preferred of carers to help reduce frustration of carers and have a positive impact on their health and wellbeing.
To make this plan a reality, we must continue the conversation with carers. If you would like to continue being part of the conversation and help us to support carers in Southend please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org